Friday, January 16, 2009

final post...finally!

I have been trying to find the words to write my last post here at The Flour Loft... hence the space since my last post...
It is so hard to express just how overwhelmed I am with the support and friendship that I have encountered here in this little piece of cyber space... I have met friends who brighten my day with their cheery and warm messages, I have received lots of encouragement and great advice too and have also made some very special friends.



I just want to say thank you to each of you who has visited and left a comment and also those of you who I do not know but who I hope have enjoyed reading my ramblings here.

The Flour Loft was started when Alice and I shared our Flour Loft studio and were working under the name of 'folkydokee'. With the studio vacated last Spring it now seems time to move the blog on too. Perhaps I shall be able to talk Alice into joining me with an 'alice and ginny' blog one day. In the meantime we are working hard creating the final projects and writing the text for our next craft book which is due out in October 2009. Further details of what we are up to I will try to add to our monthly catchup page (not yet updated) on our 'alice and ginny' website. Please do keep in touch either there or come visit me on my photoblog, 'sweetmyrtle', where I just enjoy posting photographs that I take and sometimes I write a few thoughts down too.

I am also delighted to say that Kitty has won my giveaway, so if you could please mail me you address I shall send you a little something x

So thanks again and although this blog has now come to it's natural close I will still be here in blogland and visiting all your lovely blogs as usual.

with warmest wishes
Ginny xxx

23 comments:

Deravelled Gem said...

So sad to see this blog coming to an end, but I also believe that when one thing ends, another new opportunity opens up. Best of luck, and I hope to find you back in blog land soon!! :)

Gemma x x

Sal said...

Yes,I have certainly enjoyed your ramblings..!
Good luck with your next book ;-)

tess said...

best wishes Ginny. xx

Selfsewn said...

Will keep an eye on sweet myrtle.
Good luck with all that 2009 will bring!

Clare

Anonymous said...

ah ha - I didnt know you were the same Ginny as the one at Sweet Myrtle! What a wally I am! Well at least I can pop over there to see some of your lovely photos. I dont know why you are giving your lovely blog up I have really enjoyed reading it! Love Emma xxxxxx

Tracy said...

Though it is a sad moment that Flour Loft is closing, it is reassuring that you are happy now doing other things, Ginny...and that you will still be around with us, and at your lovely Sweet Myrtle. I have so much enjoyed visiting you here all this time. Wishing you & yours all the best in 2009 and beyond...May all your dreams come true! ((BIG HUGS))

Kitty said...

Gosh, is it me who has won? Oh wow - I have such mixed feelings - pleasure of course on winning, but so sad that you are going :-( Yours was one of the first blogs I found when I landed in the Blogosphere, and I will miss it, and you, enormously. It's quite ironic really - I bought yours and Alice's book this week.

I am a regular at Sweet Myrtle so very much hope we 'stay in touch' via your beautiful photographs.

Take care of you and yours Ginny, and I wish you every happiness in the future.

xxxx

Simone said...

I will miss you.

alice c said...

It has always been such a pleasure to stop by at the Flour Loft and hear your news. Thank you for that.

I wish you every success as you complete old projects and start exciting new ideas.

with love to Alice, of course!
Alicex

Joanne said...

Sad to see you close the doors, but you have to make room for new things sometimes. Good luck with the book and all the other plates you're keeping in the air!

Pipany said...

Oh this feels really quite sad Ginny. I do love your blog, but I know you have so much on your plate just now. Will pop to see you at Sweet Myrtle and thank goodness for emails! Good luck my lovely xx

Glo said...

Wishing you well :)

Al said...

I'm sorry to see the flour loft go too. Feels like a real end to our folkydokee adventures but onward and upwards with A & G. I will get get more involved with a blog on the website - be interesting for our friends to see how our partnership works!
With love from your flour loft sister.
A x

Emma Herian said...

Oh Ginny!
Very very sad news, but also great fantastic new news!
I shall miss your little ramblings but sweet myrtle is just round the corner.

Stay in touch
Emx

walter and me said...

Ginny, I shall miss you in your little space here...but already love visiting you at Sweet Myrtle...and even better, seeing you in person! Wishing you the very best with all your new projects.
Love Diana xx

JuliaB said...

Hi Ginny ... hurry up and start another blog!!! Hope you still pop in to the Marmalade pot from time to time. And good luck with the next book! xx

Ragged Roses said...

Really sad to see you leaving cyberspace Ginny, I have really enjoyed reading your blog! Lots of love and luck with all your new ventures. Take care
Kimx

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Ginny... do not do it.... stay with us PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....

this is my patch said...

I have always enjoyed reading The Flour Loft and have very much appreciated your loyal friendship on my blog too. Keep in touch, as I to will keep in touch on Sweet Myrtle. x

Miss sew n sew said...

So enjoyed your blog and sad that it has come to an end but I'm sure this is the start of bright new beginnings and times of change for you which can only be good news best wishes for your 2nd book so love the first!
Sarahx

Mrs Mac said...

Oh poo!
Typical!
Just as I find a lovely blog it closes!
Well best of luck to you!!
I'm off to Amazon to explore your book :)

thevintagemagpie said...

Hi Ginny, so pleased to hear you are doing a second book, but sad to see the end of the Flour Loft. Best wishes to you both xxx

Games Online said...

I was on a plane to Egypt and i was playing some Games Online with bombs
on a website named http://allgamesonline.org when i saw
a man who looked like Bin Laden.
Then i got scared and i stoped playing