Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Our Bank Holiday

We were so lucky this May Bank Holiday to have glorious weather here in the South of England.
My brother in law and his girlfriend came down to visit. These visits usually combine football with a wee bit too much to drink. This did happen but i also witnessed brute strength, lots of dust and some circular saw action. The two brothers took out the old window and made a opening for the new door into the soon to be 'garden studio space'. This was the result....



While they were partaking in brute force us 4 girls went off in hunt of some Maytime festivities.
We managed to find my older sisters folk group who were dancing locally along with 3 other local 'sides' in an event organised by Pilgrims Morris. She belongs to a Ladies North West Morris group. They wear clogs with bells attached and often dance holding garlands.
Some years ago i made her a little folk dancer doll in her colours. Before you ask... no my sister is not the one on the top left!!




We also found these beautiful gardens and Castle ruins. The girls got snap happy with the camera. These are their photos... My eldest got really excited when she saw the lady bird photo opportunity. (top right...click to enlarge)



I love watching them take photos. It gives me a peep into how they see the world, especially when they are given the freedom to shoot whatever they want to. The camera also has a film setting. Now that they have discovered that there is no stopping them... we have just been watching some very funny video they took around the house discussing to camera the clutter and the mess. Maybe they want to send it off to 'Clutter Nutters'?! We had better watch out.. or worse still... 'How clean is your House?'

So an enjoyable long weekend with good company, lots of sunshine and gardening and most excitingly for me the studio space a little further on as we now have a door ... Actually 2 doors... but that's the next job... to take out the old door and to put the old window in it's place.
Hope you had a good time too. How did you spend yours?

12 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you had a fab weekend, and your studio progress is looking good! We had picnics and made the most of this glorious weather :) (I found you through flossie tea cakes blog)

carolyn said...

Your weekend sounded great we spent ours being very idle in the garden enjoying the bird song and the fact that the sunshine must have sent half the neighbourhood to the coast for it to be quite so peaceful.

Sal said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Mine was mainly spent greenhouse gardening! I love it ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a gret day, what with some DIY and Morris dancers. Your studio is well on the way. We had an afternoon out with a run around to see all the scarecrows and finished off watching a steel band in Buxton.
Margaret and Noreen

Jane said...

weeding! And basking and drinking while trying out the new barbeque.
J
x

Louise said...

We had a great bank holiday thanks Ginny, early morning John and I cycled into Brighton. Yours sounds great, and nice to have a trip out with the girls, and I am so relieved your sister hasn't got a beard! The photos the girls have taken are very good, I had a look at the ladybird. I hadn't heard of Clutter Nutters, I wish I had watched that one, although not meant for older viewers maybe. I don't know how anyone has the nerve to appear on How Clean is Your House, I would be so ashamed! Great that your space is coming along, let's hope you can move in very soon. x

Unknown said...

You really have super studio progess. I admire it.

toronto lofts

walter and me said...

Hello Ginny, thank you for the dishcloth appreciation! I've been using Rowan cotton dk on 4mm needles - partly because I had some ecru left from about 20 years ago when someone knitted something for me, and then I just got more of the same, but different gorgeous colours.I think it retails at £3.50/ball and you get roughly 2 cloths per ball. Not the cheapest option, I know. I have some more info on other yarn, will email it in the week when I have a bit more time.Your new studio looks like it's progressing - bet you can't wait to be in it! Love the pics your girls took, too. Hope you had another lovely sunny weekend. warm wishes, Diana

Emma Herian said...

Hi Ginny
Looks like you have been a busy bee - I have been too busy to blog fo a while so just catching up. Just noticed the book on the side, wow it looks fantastic. Must put myself down for a copy! I have used a few swatches of those fabrics you sen, I shall take a pic and show you soon. Hope you are enjoying the weather, its great!x

Ragged Roses said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend Ginny. Your studio is sounding very exciting. I bet you can't wait to get in there
Kimx

Summer by the sea said...

Hi Ginny, sounds like a great weekend - good weather really makes all the difference doesn't it? - Look forward to reading more of your posts - Natalie x

walter and me said...

Hello Ginny, I've blogged about the dishcloth yarn, someone else asked too! Hope it's useful. Diana